Weekend Cakery Team Member / Front of House
We are a small local business and a close knit team which we love and think works well for our business ethos. Would you like to be the new face at our cake shop door ready to welcome our community and provide delicious cakes and coffee?
We are looking for a happy soul to join our fabulous team at the Village Cakery! We need someone who can deliver our unique brand of customer service, giving customers a brilliant cake experience and adapt to our every changing environment! You will need to be a versatile person, able to complete tasks quickly and independently in quiet moments but also ready to work speedily when we have a busy queue. Most of all, you need a passion for all things cake!
The Job Itself
- Serving customers with cake, coffee, ice creams and milk shakes
- General cleaning, washing up and maintaining our exemplary hygiene standards.
- Stock rotation and stock takes as necessary
- Opening and closing of the cake shop
- Completing relevant checklists and other paperwork related to the role
- Prepare food & coffees in an aesthetically pleasing manner
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Be used to working in a busy environment
- Have a friendly, approachable personality, with a good work ethic
- Be flexible to undertake a range of tasks
- Previous experience of working in hospitality/ coffee shop or catering is ideal
- This is currently a temporary position to cover another staff member, this position may have the potential to become permanent.
- Must be able to work at least 2-3 weekends a month
- Friday 2pm - 5pm
- Saturday 9am - 5pm
- Sunday 9am - 5pm
Additional hours may be available during busier periods and to cover staff holidays. This role will start in ASAP, exact working hours and hourly pay to be discussed at interview.
What we offer:
- A friendly, fun and diverse working environment
- 10% staff discount
- Holiday pay
- Monthly tips
- Monthly pay based on the National Minimum wage regulations
- Complimentary cake and coffee on shift
- Work events and socialising
How to apply:
Please send us a copy of your CV to email@example.com and tell us why you would be an asset to our lovely team at the Cakery. Due to a high volume of emails, please note you may not get a response if your application is unsuccessful.